Why does my girlfriend’s hair fall out?

Why does my girlfriend’s hair fall out?

A handful of hair in the shower would magnetique hair growth alarm most women since hair loss in women is usually rare. If your girlfriend noticed an increase in hair on her brush, shirt or shower, she probably feels worried and stressed. Stay positive and encouraging as you work together to find the cause.

The types

The most common form of hair loss in men and women is called androgenetic alopecia or baldness. Age, inheritance and testosterone factor in baldness. Women over 30 can begin to see hair thinning all over the scalp, but the hairline usually does not recede. Postmenopausal women generally produce more testosterone than before menopause, which can lead to more hair loss. Although baldness is permanent, your girlfriend’s doctor can recommend possible treatments after making the diagnosis, encourages the health services of Columbia University.

Another common form of hair loss, telogen effluvium, is a consequence of severe or sudden stress or physical trauma. If your girlfriend has recently given birth, has had major surgery, recovered from a serious illness or lost her job, her body may react by getting rid of her hair. The University of Maryland reports that telogen effluvium can cause up to 75 percent of hair to fall on the scalp, and may occur weeks or months after the stressful event. Fortunately, this cause of hair loss is temporary and excretion is expected to decrease in six to eight months.

considerations

All hair loss is not a concern. Hair grows in a cycle in which approximately 90 percent of the individual hairs on the scalp develop, while the remaining 10 percent rests and falls. Losing around 50 to 100 hairs per day is normal, says the Ohio State University Medical Center.

Prevention / Solution

Many temporary forms of hair loss are preventable. If your girlfriend washes her hair excessively, uses a lot of heat when designing or pulling tight hairstyles, it can cause damage that will cause the brittle hair to be in the middle of the hair. If you often touch, rub or twirl your hair absentmindedly, these habits can damage your hair. In addition, it can prevent or compensate for many forms of stress that can trigger telogen effluvium. Encourage your girlfriend to use her natural hair and help her find ways to relax.

False ideas

Myths about hair loss abound. However, poor scalp circulation, dandruff and vitamin deficiencies do not cause hair loss, according to the Ohio State University Medical Center. If your girlfriend likes to wear hats, leave it; It also does not cause hair loss.

Attention

If your girlfriend loses excessive amounts of hair, you should see your doctor to discuss the cause. Certain autoimmune deficiencies, such as lupus, and other medical conditions, such as diabetes and thyroid disease, can cause hair loss among other symptoms, cautions the university health service of Colombia.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *